This sampler is all about fragrances that feature the scent of new mown hay or foin coupé (French for cut hay). Chandler Burr calls hay absolute "one of the most sublime of all perfume materials. Hay is, as literally as possible, the smell of liquid summer sunlight."
You will receive a 1/2ml sample (1ml sample vial filled half full) of each of the fragrances in this sampler. You also have the option of choosing a 1ml sampler.
- Death and Floral Buried Beneath the Shallow Hay EDP - Aging barn wood, the musk of a lingering spirit and old and weathered hay bales.
- Alkemia A Roll in the Hay Extrait - A delightful romp through dried hay, fresh green grass, early summer wildflower honey, vanilla grass, vanilla leaf and wild poppy.
- Demeter Fresh Hay Cologne - The scent of fresh cut hay on a hot summer day.
- Serge Lutens Chergui EDP - Rich, spiced tobacco and hay, enriched with honey, woods and floral notes. The deep incense and tobacco and hay notes hold this from every getting too sweet, despite having sugar as a note. An amazingly deep, rich scent. Chergui is named for the dry, desert wind that rolls through Morocco in summer. This fragrance is in the Oriental Spicy fragrance group.
- Midnight Gypsy Alchemy La Fortuna - A scent that presents alluring and mysterious notes of sweet apricot isolate, grapefruit, osmanthus, hay and vanilla absolutes, blended with rich and smooth notes of orris, vetiver and amyris.
- Andromeda’s Curse Black Phillip - Pure rich, buttery hay scent with notes of pink pepper, dirt, chypre notes, hay bale, moss, butter, black musk, dusty wood, oakmoss and incense.