Perfume should always play with naughty. What is naughty? It's referred to as "skank." First coined by March at Perfume Posse in January 2006, she refers to it as "Skank is not gracious, or nice, or even fundamentally pretty. The Skank is about sex, and only sex. It's a rump-grinding, head-shaking invitation to a booty call, no matter how politely the scent's been dressed up at the opening."
This is the sex in perfume, and it's been there even back in the days when the hems of dresses never got above the eyelet lace-ups of their Victorian boots.
To read more about what is skank, sex in pefumes, read Tim Girvin's blog where he also talks about this sampler pack (as it used to exist in my other store before we moved here, so the link in that article is misdirected).
Your sampler pack will include a sample of each of the following scents. Samples are all 1/2ml, but larger sizes are available.
- Byredo Tobacco Mandarin - Surprising cuminy tobacco skank.
- Marlou Carnicure - Feral animalic that tames a wee bit after the open, but never loses the skank all the way through.
- Narciso Rodriguez For Her EDT - honey flower, solar musk, orange blossom, osmanthus, amberlyn, vanilla, tactile musk, tactile woods, vetiver.
- Papillon Salome - this goes so far beyond bad girl, it's scary. And amazing.
- Penhaligon's Amaranthine - warm, honeyed skank, discontinued, but perfection.
- Rochas Femme EDT - Made during The Depression, when women were hanging on to their sensuality by their fingernails, it is skanky perfection.
- Serge Lutens Sarrasins - indolic jasmine for days.
- Zoologist Hyrax - Animalic you can use to dirty up your more prim perfumes.