This sampler introduces you to guaiacwood/gaiacwood fragrances. Depending on the specific material used from the tree, the scent varies from sweet balsamic vanilla-like to woody smoky, leathery, tar-like. Despite its name it does not come from the Guaiacum tree, but from the palo santo tree (Bulnesia sarmientoi).
You will receive a 1/2ml sample (1ml sample vial filled half full) of each of the fragrances in this sampler. You also have the option of choosing a 1ml sampler.
- Zara x Jo Loves Fleur de Patchouli EDP - With notes of peony, patchouli and guaiacwood. Jo says: "The soul of this scent captivates you and dares you to be seduced by its originality." This is an ideal fragrance for days when you want a nuzzly, understated fragrance.
- Blackbird Zola Jesus Taiga EDP - Taiga opens with bright bergamot, green peppercorn, and Indian frankincense, giving the fragrance an unexpected lightness like the spark of a flame. Choya loban, a much smokier derivative of frankincense, coupled with cade and rare, highly prized Omani frankincense create an ancient, palatial smoke accord. Teak, cedarwood, and cypress give the fragrance a brisk, boreal quality, while smoky guaiacwood, leathery oud, aged oak, and smooth sandalwood strike a dark, deep accord of woods. Fleeting traces of exquisite helichrysum, davana and geranium enhance the fragrance with a very subtle shade of color, anchored with enticing notes of nagarmotha. Unfortunately, it has been discontinued.
- Le Labo Vanille 44 EDP - Yes, there is vanilla in there, but this is really not a vanilla-centric fragrance (not like a cupcake in the least!), so vanilla haters might want to take a second look. It is a lot about the woods and guaiac, and it is subtle and has this amazing waft to it. You walk through a room, then turn around and think... wow, who smells so good? Yeah, it's you. With notes of bergamot, incense, guaiacwood, mandarin, vanilla, muscenone, pipol and hedione.
- Molton Brown Juniper Jazz EDT - From Molton Brown's 2020 holiday collection, it has top notes of crisp juniper berries and metallic notes mingled with a heart of guaiacwood on a warm sandalwood base. The full listing of notes is top notes of juniper berries, metallic notes and mint; middle notes of orris, woody notes and guaiacwood; and base notes of sandalwood, musks and patchouli.
- Parfums Berdoues Venice Beach EDP - Home to hippies, street style and blissful laziness, Venice Beach represents a breeze of freedom and youth. The vitality of orange, the power of sage and the smokiness of guaiacwood creates a spicy, woody fragrance typical of the American West Coast.