Perfume should always play with naughty. What is naughty? It's referred to as "skank." First coined by March at Perfume Posse in January 2006, she refers to it as "Skank is not gracious, or nice, or even fundamentally pretty. The Skank is about sex, and only sex. It's a rump-grinding, head-shaking invitation to a booty call, no matter how politely the scent's been dressed up at the opening."
This is the sex in perfume, and it's been there even back in the days when the hems of dresses never got above the eyelet lace-ups of their Victorian boots.
To read more about what is skank, sex in pefumes, read Tim Girvin's blog where he also talks about this sampler pack (as it used to exist in my other store before we moved here, so the link in that article is misdirected).
Your sampler pack will include a sample of each of the following scents. Samples are all 1/2ml, but larger sizes are available.
- Jean Desprez Bal a Versailles EDT (Retro) - The queen of skanks, there is NOTHING nice about this, and that's a good thing.
- Miller Harris L'air de Rien - Scary Skank! Like scary spice, but a lot more fun.
- Papillon Salome - this goes so far beyond bad girl, it's scary. And amazing.
- Narciso Rodriguez For Her EDT - honey flower, solar musk, orange blossom, osmanthus, amberlyn, vanilla, tactile musk, tactile woods, vetiver.
- Rochas Femme PDT (Vintage) - Made during The Depression, when women were hanging on to their sensuality by their fingernails, it is skanky perfection.
- Serge Lutens Musc Koublai Khan - Animalic musky skank.
- Worth Courtesan - Tropical skank, amazingly so!